[CentOS-virt] CBS tags hierarchy

Mon Mar 23 12:24:30 UTC 2015
George Dunlap <dunlapg at umich.edu>

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 10:29 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> how would we sync the different branch names ?

Sorry, I don't understand this question.

> note: the proposal here is going to result in ~ 24 different branches
> for each target ( into git.centos.org )

Sorry again for being a bit dense, but I'm not seeing the math here.
According to the diagram you link to below, the structure would be
rpms/[package].git sigvirt-{common,xen,kvm,docker,ovirt}/{6,7}, which
would give us 10 total targets and branches, of which each individual
group will only need to have access to 1-2 (common and xen probably
for me, docker for lokesh, ovirt and kvm for Sandro & co).

What am I missing?  And is there any other way to break it down such
that each of the projects (Docker, Xen, oVirt) can update common
packages like the kernel without stepping on each others' toes?

 -George