[CentOS-virt] xl stack problems on CentOS6 XEN4

Hildebrand, Nils (BIT II 9) Nils.Hildebrand at bva.bund.de
Wed May 20 13:04:24 UTC 2015

Hi George,

I already outlined the drbd-stuff on xen-users (see attachement). Yes - elrepo is right on mark.

Excerpt:
"The script (/etc/xen/scripts/block-drbd) I am using is from drbd84-utils-8.9.2-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64 - and already seems to contain the "drbd or phy" case;
both in the add and the remove branch.

CentOS6 XEN4 is based on the Kernel 3.10.68-11.el6.centos.alt.x86_64 which has drbd 8.4.3 built in."

Excurse: As for SLES 11 there are two possibilities:
a) official: Buy the HAE license (quite expensive). There is a drbd-stack built into it (based on drbd 8.4)
b) inofficial: Compile your own drbd-srpm. That will contain the needed block-drbd as well, as part of the drbd-xen rpm.

Back to my problem:

Your patch does not fit my sources:
http://vault.centos.org/6.6/xen4/Source/SPackages/
I am currently on XEN 4.4.2-2 - your patch is for 4.5?

Can you please backport your patch to 4.4.2-2?

Kind regards

Nils