[CentOS-virt] Xen 4.4.2 (with XSA-132) in virt6-testing

Tue May 5 13:10:47 UTC 2015
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 05/04/2015 02:31 PM, Karl Johnson wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 4:32 AM, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik at iki.fi
> <mailto:pasik at iki.fi>> wrote:
>
>     On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 05:09:56PM +0100, George Dunlap wrote:
>     > I've got Xen 4.4.2 in virt6-testing.  I haven't had a chance to test
>     > it, and won't for another week or two; but if some volunteers can put
>     > it through its paces, I can ask Johnny to push it to the public repo
>     > sometome early next week.
>     >

>     Great! Thanks a lot.
>
>     I'll do some testing during the weekend.
>
>     > Thanks,
>     >  -George
>

>     -- Pasi
>

> I've upgraded to Xen 4.4.2 and everything went fine. I've tested
> save/restore and few basic stuff, all good.
>
> [root at dev1 ~]# uname -r && xl info|grep xen_version
> 4.0.1-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64
> xen_version            : 4.4.2-1.el6
> [root at dev1 ~]#
>
> Note; I'm using kernel-ml from elrepo because x4c kernel is too old LTS
> for me.

Karl,

Note:  We use a non released version of blktap (version 2.5) from the
xen maintainers .. I don't think the blktap (if it even exists) in the
main line kernels will work properly.  But, I could be wrong .. George
or Lars, what do you think.

There are other devices that can be used, so obviously that kernel can
still work, since you are using it now :)

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes