[CentOS-virt] Linux kernel 3.18.12 and libvirt 1.2.15 for Xen4CentOS in virt6-testing

Tue May 19 14:47:15 UTC 2015
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 05/18/2015 08:15 AM, George Dunlap wrote:
> On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
>> On 05/13/2015 01:14 PM, George Dunlap wrote:
>>> Thanks to work from Johnny, linux 3.18.12 with all the x4c blktap
>>> goodness have been built and are now in the virt6-testing repo.  I've
>>> also uploaded libvirt 1.2.15.  As you may have seen earlier today,
>>> virt6-testing also includes an updated 4.4.2 package with the latest
>>> security update (XSA-133).
>>>
>>> The kernel has had some basic testing (by myself, Johnny, and another
>>> community member), but libvirt is at the moment untested, so caveat
>>> emptor.
>>>
>>> With such a large change, I want to leave both up for a few weeks
>>> before pushing them into the main repo.  Please test them and report
>>> any errors you find.
>>>
>>> As a reminder, you can use the virt6-testing repo by putting the
>>> following file into /etc/yum.repos.d:
>>>
>>> [virt-testing]
>>> name=VirtSIG-\$releasever - Xen Testing
>>> baseurl=http://cbs.centos.org/repos/virt6-testing/\$basearch/os/
>>> gpgcheck=0
>>> enabled=0
>>>
>>> For the adventurous, there are (as yet untested) kernel and xen
>>> packages in virt7-xen-44-candidate as well.  I'll be pushing those to
>>> testing once I've actually had a chance to do set up my testing
>>> environment.
>>

>> George,
>>
>> The new kernel works for me and the xen-4.4.2-2 packages
>>
>> I think you forgot to turn on with_xen and with_libxl in the libvirt
>> package builds though .. that does not install as an update.  At least
>> for me.
>
> Oh right -- I got with_xen, but I think the last version I build
> didn't have with_libxl, so I missed it.  Uploading a new one now...

George,

Upgraded a couple of servers with this new version of libvirt (and all
the other virt6-testing rpms), all the machines start, as do all the VMs
on the machines.  Also remote access via virt-manager still works on all
the servers for me.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes