[CentOS-virt] Libvirt enhancement requests

Jean-Marc LIGER

jean-marc.liger at parisdescartes.fr
Wed Nov 4 10:31:30 UTC 2015

Le 03/11/2015 00:49, Jean-Marc LIGER a écrit :

> Le 02/11/2015 18:28, Johnny Hughes a écrit :
>> On 10/31/2015 04:34 PM, Jean-Marc LIGER wrote:
>>> Hi Lucian,
>>>
>>> It seems to be upstream libvirt-1.2.15-2 with options with_xen and
>>> with_libxl enabled.
>>> http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1348
>>>
>> Right, and we can use that version, or a newer one and enable rbd as well.
>
> You might use this preview one :
> http://people.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs-RHEL-7.2-preview/libvirt-1.2.17-3.el7.src.rpm
>
> I personally rebuild libvirt from last official releases which enable
> ceph by default for el7 :
> http://libvirt.org/sources/
>
> My dogfooding tests still **can be found here :
> https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/jmliger/virt7-upstream/
>
>> The next question is, is there a difference between the generic rbd and
>> building against ceph-devel.  (As in, is one ceph only and the other
>> generic only or can you use both when built against ceph-devel, etc)
>>
>> Since qemu-kvm-ev enables ceph, if we can also enable ceph in libvirt,
>> seems like a win to me, if it also does rbd the same as building against
>> librados2-devel and librbd1-devel.
> Maybe I'm wrong but ceph-devel seems to have been replaced by librados2-devel and librbd1-devel in el7.

%package devel-compat
Group:          Development/Libraries
License:        LGPL-2.0
Obsoletes:      ceph-devel
Requires:       %{name} = %{epoch}:%{version}-%{release}
Requires:       librados2-devel = %{epoch}:%{version}-%{release}
Requires:       libradosstriper1-devel = %{epoch}:%{version}-%{release}
Requires:       librbd1-devel = %{epoch}:%{version}-%{release}
Requires:       libcephfs1-devel = %{epoch}:%{version}-%{release}
Requires:       libcephfs_jni1-devel = %{epoch}:%{version}-%{release}
Provides:       ceph-devel
%description devel-compat
This is a compatibility package to accommodate ceph-devel split into
librados2-devel, librbd1-devel and libcephfs1-devel. Packages still
depending
on ceph-devel should be fixed to depend on librados2-devel, librbd1-devel,
libcephfs1-devel or libradosstriper1-devel instead.