[CentOS-virt] Install nested ESXi 6.x host under CentOS 7 kvm host

Thu Nov 26 08:47:42 UTC 2015
C. L. Martinez <carlopmart at gmail.com>

Hi all,

 I am trying to install nested Esxi 6.x under a Centos7 kvm host to
use it as test lab for new ESXi versions, but I am doing something
wrong because I can't install it.

 I have configured kvm and kvm_intel modules with the following options:

options kvm ignore_msrs=1
options kvm_intel nested=1 ept=1

 and I add the following options in <cpu> xml guest file:

  <cpu mode='custom' match='exact'>
    <model fallback='allow'>Westmere</model>
    <feature policy='require' name='vmx'/>
  </cpu>

qemu-kvm package is installed from Virtualization SIG:

qemu-kvm-common-ev-2.1.2-23.el7_1.8.1.x86_64
qemu-kvm-ev-2.1.2-23.el7_1.8.1.x86_64

 Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible to accomplish this scenario??

Thanks.