[CentOS-virt] Libvirt enhancement requests

Sun Nov 8 23:15:30 UTC 2015
Jean-Marc LIGER <jean-marc.liger at parisdescartes.fr>

Le 04/11/2015 12:19, Johnny Hughes a écrit :
> On 11/04/2015 04:31 AM, Jean-Marc LIGER wrote:

>>> You might use this preview one :
>>> http://people.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs-RHEL-7.2-preview/libvirt-1.2.17-3.el7.src.rpm
>>>
>>> I personally rebuild libvirt from last official releases which enable
>>> ceph by default for el7 :
>>> http://libvirt.org/sources/
>>>
>>> My dogfooding tests still **can be found here :
>>> https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/jmliger/virt7-upstream/

>>> Maybe I'm wrong but ceph-devel seems to have been replaced by librados2-devel and librbd1-devel in el7.
>> %package devel-compat
>> Group:          Development/Libraries
>> License:        LGPL-2.0
>> Obsoletes:      ceph-devel
>> Requires:       %{name} = %{epoch}:%{version}-%{release}
>> Requires:       librados2-devel = %{epoch}:%{version}-%{release}
>> Requires:       libradosstriper1-devel = %{epoch}:%{version}-%{release}
>> Requires:       librbd1-devel = %{epoch}:%{version}-%{release}
>> Requires:       libcephfs1-devel = %{epoch}:%{version}-%{release}
>> Requires:       libcephfs_jni1-devel = %{epoch}:%{version}-%{release}
>> Provides:       ceph-devel
>> %description devel-compat
>> This is a compatibility package to accommodate ceph-devel split into
>> librados2-devel, librbd1-devel and libcephfs1-devel. Packages still
>> depending
>> on ceph-devel should be fixed to depend on librados2-devel, librbd1-devel,
>> libcephfs1-devel or libradosstriper1-devel instead.
>>
> I concur that the spec file uses that the way it is written.  What I
> wonder is *IF* one wants to use ceph specifically, then are libvirt
> packages built against librados2-devel and librbd1-devel going to work
> then as well?
>
> I do concur that it seems in the beta for rhel-7.2 this all gets
> resolved for 7.2.  Since that should be happening soon(ish) .. based on
> previous release history, we should wait and see exactly what is in 7.2
> when released.
>
> We also need to test that with ceph community packages to see if rbd
> built that way actually works with ceph as well.

For whom wants to test, I've rebuild the last ceph community packages
and libvirt rhel-7.2 preview on top of them in COPR :
https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/jmliger/tests-upstream/builds/