[CentOS-virt] CentOS 7 Xen 4.6.0 packages available on buildlogs

Wed Nov 11 17:34:07 UTC 2015
George Dunlap <dunlapg at umich.edu>

At long last, we have the packages and the infrastructure set up in
what will be (hopefully) the final form for the CentOS 7 Virt SIG Xen
packages.  Please help us by testing the packages and the
infrastructure.

To install the Virt SIG Xen repositories, install the CentOS 7
centos-release-xen package directly from buildlogs:

yum update http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/virt/x86_64/xen/centos-release-xen-7-11.el7.x86_64.rpm

Because the CentOS packages aren't released yet, they are only
available on buildlogs, which are in the (disable-default)
centos-virt-xen-testing repository.

So first install the kernel:

yum --enablerepo=centos-virt-xen-testing update

Then install xen:

yum --enablerepo=centos-virt-xen-testing install xen

The version we're starting with is Xen 4.6, which has good systemd
support as well as aarch64 support.  The version on buildlogs has XSAs
through 156 applied.

Libvirt is also available, for those who are so inclined.

Please report any bugs on this list.

Thanks,
 -George