[CentOS-virt] Libvirt enhancement requests

Mon Nov 2 17:28:48 UTC 2015
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 10/31/2015 04:34 PM, Jean-Marc LIGER wrote:
> Hi Lucian,
>
> It seems to be upstream libvirt-1.2.15-2 with options with_xen and
> with_libxl enabled.
> http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1348

Right, and we can use that version, or a newer one and enable rbd as well.

The next question is, is there a difference between the generic rbd and
building against ceph-devel.  (As in, is one ceph only and the other
generic only or can you use both when built against ceph-devel, etc)

Since qemu-kvm-ev enables ceph, if we can also enable ceph in libvirt,
seems like a win to me, if it also does rbd the same as building against
librados2-devel and librbd1-devel.

These may only work with CentOS 7 as well .. have to look at if those
build in CentOS 6.7.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes