[CentOS-virt] Kernel oops on the dom0

George Dunlap dunlapg at umich.edu
Tue Oct 6 09:29:41 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 10:55 PM, Nathan March <nathan at gt.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> One of our developers managed to trigger a kernel oops on a 4.4.2 dom0..
> Oops text is attached. He was working on setting up network namespaces /
> bridging inside a centos domU, had activated the bridge and lost networking
> (probably config error) so he rebooted the VM. On reboot is when we saw the
> oops, along with various xen procs hanging:

Nathan,

Thanks for the detailed report.  Would you mind re-posting this to the
xen-users mailing list?

Realistically though, at the moment I don't have the bandwidth to
maintain more than one kernel package for CentOS; so if you can
trigger it reliably, my only advice (other than backporting a patch if
one is available) would be to try it again with the 3.18 kernel
currently in the tree.  If it still faults there I can pursue
backporting a patch there.

 -George