[CentOS-virt] Xen Doc Day: Guide to setting up bridging on CentOS 6 / 7

Nathan March nathan at gt.net
Wed Oct 28 17:14:27 UTC 2015

If you'd like to extend that a little bit, here's example configs on how to do LACP and vlan tagging on c6:

host network-scripts # cat ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE=eth0
ONBOOT=yes
USEERCTL=no
BOOTPROTO=none
IPV6INIT=no
MTU=1500
MASTER=bond0
SLAVE=yes

host network-scripts # cat ifcfg-eth1
DEVICE=eth1
ONBOOT=yes
USEERCTL=no
BOOTPROTO=none
IPV6INIT=no
MTU=1500
MASTER=bond0
SLAVE=yes

host network-scripts # cat ifcfg-bond0
DEVICE=bond0
ONBOOT=yes
USEERCTL=no
BOOTPROTO=none
IPV6INIT=no
BONDING_OPTS="miimon=100 mode=802.3ad"

host network-scripts # cat ifcfg-vlan###
DEVICE=vlan###
ONBOOT=yes
USEERCTL=no
BOOTPROTO=none
IPV6INIT=no
PHYSDEV=bond0
VLAN=yes
VLAN_NAME_TYPE=VLAN_PLUS_VID_NO_PAD
IPADDR=10.x.x.x
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=10.x.x.x
DOMAIN="example.com"
DNS1=x.x.x.x
DNS2=x.x.x.x
DNS3=x.x.x.x

I use my own bridging control scripts, but this should extend your existing doc nicely just by using BRIDGE=xenbr0 in the ifcfg-vlan### file.

Also there's a small error in your c6 doc, you specify ifcfg-$dev but $dev never gets set anywhere.

- Nathan