[CentOS-virt] CentOS 7 Xen 4.4.3 packages available for in virt7-xen-44-testing

George Dunlap

dunlapg at umich.edu
Mon Sep 21 10:24:23 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 9:18 AM, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 11:10:06AM +0300, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 09, 2015 at 02:24:15PM +0100, George Dunlap wrote:
>> > Updated Xen 4.4.3 packages have passed my local smoke tests, and are
>> > now available.
>> >
>> > Full C7 release is still waiting on suitable testing for the libvirt packages.
>> >
>> > If someone wants to step up to give the libvirt packages a decent
>> > smoke test, that will speed the C7 release process significantly.
>> > Otherwise it will have to wait until I get a chance to write some
>> > automated smoke tests.
>> >

>> I'm currently in the process of testing these latest Xen 4.4.3 rpms on centos7.
>>

> Actually I don't see libvirt rpms in the virt7-xen-44-testing repo. Which libvirt rpms should I be testing?

Oh, weird -- well I had it tagged for -candidate, but not for
-testing.  Probably because I hadn't even done a smoke test on it. :-)

Anyway, I've tagged it now.

>> That link seems broken.. this one works:
>> http://cbs.centos.org/repos/virt7-xen-44-testing/x86_64/os/Packages/centos-release-xen-7-5.el7.x86_64.rpm

Yes, I've been doing work on the centos-release-xen package, and the
release number at the end has to change with every update.  Once we
get centos-release-xen in mirrors, the "bootstrapping" problem should
basically go away.

The latest version is actually -9 -- let me give that a quick
smoke-test and push it to -testing.

 -George