[CentOS-virt] Trouble installing KVM

Greg Bailey

gbailey at lxpro.com
Tue Sep 22 02:24:50 UTC 2015

Hi Paul,

KVM is only available on 64 bit builds of CentOS 6:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Virtualization_Host_Configuration_and_Guest_Installation_Guide/chap-Virtualization_Host_Configuration_and_Guest_Installation_Guide-System_Requirements.html

You'd have to reload your test server with CentOS 6 x86_64 and then
you'd have packages like qemu-kvm available to you.

-Greg