[CentOS-virt] OT: adding a wifi adapter to openvswitch

C. L. Martinez

carlopmart at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 10:21:25 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 11:28 AM, Dmitry E. Mikhailov
<d.mikhailov at infocommunications.ru> wrote:
> Followup
>
> On 09/24/2015 01:59 PM, C.L. Martinez wrote:
>>

>> https://wiki.debian.org/BridgeNetworkConnections#Bridging_with_a_wireless_NIC?
>
> They are doing an interesting Ethernet NAT with the following idea:
>
> Your wireless station has MAC "A" and IP "X"
> The virtual machine on the wireless station has MAC "B" and IP "Y"
>
> 1) To the outside world both your wireless station and virtual machine IPs
> would share the same MAC:
> Arp:
> IP "X": MAC "A"
> IP "Y": MAC "A" (translated from "B")
>
> 2) Every ingress packet coming to your wireless station with the VM's IP "Y"
> would have it's MAC changed back
>
> This scheme could provide you connectivity but it's hacky and it requires
> you to know the MAC and IP address combination of VM. So IMHO it's not
> really everyday mess-free usable.
>
> I'd prefer to have a real routing set up. Simple, fast and reliable.

Thanks Dimitry, but I use wlan0 or eth0 to connect my laptop to
different networks. I use a vm as fw and I would like to have all vms
and laptop behind this fw vm guest.

Another option is to assign an IP to these interfaces and natting all
to this fw vm ... but I don't like this option