[CentOS-virt] xen and centos7

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Fri Sep 25 11:55:59 UTC 2015

On 09/25/2015 03:01 AM, Christoph wrote:
> Am 2015-09-25 09:53, schrieb Pasi Kärkkäinen:
>>
>> Yeah the testing rpms for centos7/xen are in virt7-xen-44-testing
>> repository (and virt7-xen-46-testing aswell).
>>

> oh cool... how stable is it? I know the meanig of testing :) but it is
> stable enough to use it at home?
> Are there any known bugs/problems?
> If I want to start to use it, could I take already xen-46 or it is to
> unstable in comparison to xen-44?

The xen-46 version is the RC code from citrix that is going to become
xen-4.6 .. our latest version is xen-4.6 RC3 (third release candidate).
 I have no idea how close that is to real release.

The repo is here:

http://cbs.centos.org/repos/virt7-xen-46-testing/x86_64/os/

The kernel initially requires some forcing to get the firmware installed
.. we will try to fix that issue in the future.  But once you get this
kernel installed and the original one removed, you should have no
further issues with that.

As to whether or not it is stable enough, that is a personal preference
.. both branches do 'work' currently.  And when xen-4.6 is released, we
the new xen-4.6 is released will be rolled into the xen-46 tree.  We
will continue to maintain the xen-4.4 as well, until we actually release
xen-4.6 into production.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes