[CentOS-virt] CentOS 7 Xen 4.4.3 packages available for in virt7-xen-44-testing

Mon Sep 21 15:18:00 UTC 2015
Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik at iki.fi>

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 01:46:36PM +0300, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

> OK. I can now see the libvirt 1.2.15-3.el7 rpms in the virt7-xen-44-testing repo,
> but it seems yum still doesn't pick them up:
>
> # yum clean all
> # yum --enablerepo=virt-xen-44-testing update
> ..
> No packages marked for update
>
> # rpm -qa | grep -i libvirt-daemon-1
> libvirt-daemon-1.2.8-16.el7_1.4.x86_64
>

> I guess I'll install those 1.2.15-3.el7 rpms manually.

It seems now the packages installed OK using yum aswell. I guess you or someone refreshed the repo :)

Anyway, here's something I noticed while testing xend bits:

# systemctl enable xend.service
xend.service is not a native service, redirecting to /sbin/chkconfig.
Executing /sbin/chkconfig xend on
The unit files have no [Install] section. They are not meant to be enabled
using systemctl.
Possible reasons for having this kind of units are:
1) A unit may be statically enabled by being symlinked from another unit's
   .wants/ or .requires/ directory.
2) A unit's purpose may be to act as a helper for some other unit which has
   a requirement dependency on it.
3) A unit may be started when needed via activation (socket, path, timer,
   D-Bus, udev, scripted systemctl call, ...).

"systemctl start xend.service" works OK though.. and after that xm works too.

Thanks,

-- Pasi