[CentOS-virt] Beta CentOS 7 Xen packages available

Tue Sep 8 12:49:11 UTC 2015
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 09/08/2015 06:41 AM, George Dunlap wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
>> What we really need is to make the REAL xen RPMs .. the ones produced in
>> this SIG .. work with systemd.  These RPMs are produced by Citrix, so we
>> need to get the right.
>
> Just to be clear -- RPMs are produced by the CentOS Virt SIG, which is
> meant to be an open, community-developed project.  At the moment the
> xen maintainer happens to work for Citrix, but that's neither here nor
> there.
>
> If there are people who feel like they want to contribute but can't,
> please speak up.  It takes an effort to do things "in the open", as it
> were, and if I don't know anybody's "listening" it's a lot easier just
> to do things on my own.
>
>  -George

Right ... I said 'produced by' in relation to Citrix, but I clearly
meant to say 'lead by' instead.

The point I am trying to make is that we (the SIG, as a community) want
to produce RPMs here (in the SIG) that are of use to the community and
not fragment to a bunch of different individual people making a bunch of
different RPM sets that the community does not know who produces, etc.

If we can produce the RPMs instead on the community build system where
we (the SIG .. with representation from both the CentOS Project and
Citrix) can sign and release the packages then users can be much more
sure everything works, etc.

For that to happen, we have to work as a group.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes