[CentOS-virt] OT: adding a wifi adapter to openvswitch

Thu Sep 24 15:46:59 UTC 2015
Dmitry E. Mikhailov <d.mikhailov at infocommunications.ru>

On 09/24/2015 08:31 PM, C. L. Martinez wrote:
> Simple, Windows 2012 creates a virtual bridge with the same MAC
> address as wlan has.
Ok. Windows does just the same. Thanks for the ARP table. [For ML
readers - it was sent directly]. Now we know what the money are paid for :)

> But, I think it could not be possible to bridge
> wlan interfaces with brctl or openvswitch according what I am. seeing
> and reading
Quite possible with the invalulable help of Nux:
Parprouted + NetworkManager scripting should do the trick.

> Ok, I will try a different approach. I can see two possible solutions:
>
> a) Pass wlan via PCI-Passthrough to fw vm
Would work even better but I don't think the laptop would suspend.

> b) Using iptables+iproute2 rules in laptop and redirect/nat all
> traffic from/to fw vm.
>

> I will try b) option first. I know what type of iptables I need to use
> and what type of config I need to do to iproute2 works as I need.
>
> But I see one problem: I need to redirect ALL traffic from outside to
> inside: ip, ipv6, tcp, tcp6, igmp, etc ... and I don't know what type
> of iptables I need to configure.
>
> Any tip??
Try the aforementioned unnumbered option first. Can't say anything about
IPv6 - sadly not proficient. For IPv4 you won't need iptables, only iproute:

1)save and delete the current wireless default gateway IP
2)create a source-based policy routing rule so traffic from the fw VM IP
address would have the earlier saved IP as a gateway IP
3)set the default gateway IP to the another interface's (it's a
requirement) IP address of a fw VM.