[CentOS-virt] OT: adding a wifi adapter to openvswitch

Thu Sep 24 11:47:30 UTC 2015
Alvin Starr <alvin at netvel.net>

Actually I do a similar thing.

I use a VM as my home/office firewall.

It works quite well and I would argue it is as secure as your standard
firewall based on something like openWRT running on dedicated hardware.

I also run a wireless AP in bridged mode to allow local network access
on an appliance.

There should be no reason that you could not put both on the same
physical hardware.

As for the openvswitch original question.
Openvswitch has an API that you can access to manage your traffic along
with supporting Openflow.
If you can get events from your wireless interface then you could write
some programs to connect to the switch API.

I am not sure the overall result is worth the effort but it will teach
you lots about your wifi interface and Openvswitch.