[CentOS-virt] Xen4CentOS 6 64bit - domUs don't shutdown on dom0 after "yum upgrade" to 4.6.1
ex.vitorino at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 16:46:25 UTC 2016
I'm addressing the mailing list following the suggestion of gwd on
#centos-virt @freenode IRC.
The subject says most of it. Here are the details :
- Was running 4.4.x and configured such that /etc/xen/auto domUs would be
saved/restored on dom0 shutdown/bootup.
- Installation was based on "centos-release-xen" such that "yum upgrade"
brough Xen to 4.6.1.
After upgrade observed behavior:
- dom0 boot starts up the domUs in /etc/xen/auto.
- dom0 shutdown does not save/shutdown domUs (the command is "shutdown -h
now" via ssh).
- Running /etc/init.d/xendomains stop/start does the right thing.
- chkconfig --list shows "xendomains 0:off 1:off 2:on 3:on 4:on 5:on 6:off"
which looks nice.
- The rc link is in place: /etc/rc.d/rc0.d/K00xendomains ->
- Edited /etc/init.d/xendomains such that the lines:
become (added "2>&1 | tee FILE" to the underlying start/stop command)
$LIBEXEC_BIN/xendomains start 2>&1 | /usr/bin/tee -a
$LIBEXEC_BIN/xendomains stop 2>&1 | /usr/bin/tee -a /tmp/xd-stop.log
- The /tmp/xd-stop.log file is not created on dom0 shutdown (make sense,
- The /tmp/xd-stop.log is created on dom0 boot, as expected.
- Both files are created on manual /etc/init.d/xendomains start/stop
- Manually added an rc link: /etc/rc.d/rc0.d/K01xendomains ->
- The behavior remains unchanged.
This is looking much more of an upstart/sysvinit issue that a Xen 4.6 issue.
However, I believe others may have been through this experience.
Can anyone provide any pointers in further diagnosing this?
Thanks in advance.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CentOS-virt