[CentOS-virt] Problems with scsi-target-utils when hosted on dom0 centos 7 xen box

Thu Apr 14 14:44:51 UTC 2016
George Dunlap <dunlapg at umich.edu>

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 1:18 AM, Nathan Coulson <nathan at bravenet.com> wrote:
> On 2016-04-12 09:43 AM, Nathan Coulson wrote:
>>
>> By natively, I take it using
>> kernel /vmlinuz (vs kernel /xen)
>>
>> Not yet, but working on setting up such an environment.
>>
>> (At this time, I was using virt-install to reproduce the problem, and the
>> original server we are testing on did not support kvm but the 2nd server
>> does).
>>
>> On 2016-04-12 03:26 AM, George Dunlap wrote:

>>> Have you tried booting the Virt SIG kernel natively and seeing if you
>>> can reproduce the problem at all?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>   -George
>

> (Apologies for the earlier top post)
>
> Running the kernel natively, on 3.10 or 3.18 (kernel from virt sig)
> * CentOS Linux (3.18.25-19.el7.x86_64) 7 (Core))
> * CentOS Linux (3.10.0-327.13.1.el7.x86_64) 7 (Core)
>
> It works as expected with no issues.
>

> But when booting as dom0 using the xen hypervisor
> * CentOS Linux, with Xen hypervisor
>
> tested with dom0_mem=2048M,max:2048M (as well as 1024M)
>
> the problems occur as I have describe.

Thanks Nathan.  It looks then like this may be an issue with upstream
Xen, then.  Would you be willing to re-post this bug report (with the
information that it works running the same kernel on native) to
xen-users?  I can make sure it's seen by the appropriate kernel-side
developers if necessary.

Thanks,
 -George