[CentOS-virt] how to enable auto-start on newer versions of Xen ?

George Dunlap dunlapg at umich.edu
Tue Aug 16 09:05:05 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 8:54 PM, Craig Thompson
<president at caldwellglobal.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In days past, all I had to do was create /etc/xen/auto and put a symlink in
> there to the config file for each VM I wanted to have started automatically.
>

> Since updating to 4.6, this doesn't work.  Period.
>

> I'm having a hard time finding what needs to change in order to get VMs to
> auto start on reboot of a server.  Can someone please point me to
> documentation that I have missed or share the gold nugget?

Since you're speaking of upgrading, I assume you're using CentOS 6?
What version of the xen packages are you using?

There's a bug in the upstream 4.6 xendomains scripts (which start
things from /etc/xen/auto) when they run on RHEL-based systems.  That
should have been fixed in the xen-4.6.1-9 Virt SIG package.

 -George