[CentOS-virt] how to enable auto-start on newer versions of Xen ?

Sarah Newman

srn at prgmr.com
Tue Aug 23 20:10:59 UTC 2016

On 08/23/2016 12:59 PM, Craig Thompson wrote:

> I was thinking that in iterations past, it was possible just to run the hypervisor, put a symlink in /etc/xen/auto, and VMs would be auto-started upon reboot.  Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe those older boxes had libvirt installed on them, too.

We haven't had issues on xen 4.6. We don't use libvirt.

Are you sure xendomains is enabled? Maybe in the past it was enabled by default but isn't now.

If it is enabled, have you tried running the xendomains init script manually with bash -x to see where it's going wrong? You need to add 'set -x' to
/usr/lib64/xen/bin/xendomains as well for full output.