[CentOS-virt] Lost a NIC on start

Wed Aug 3 13:07:55 UTC 2016
Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com>

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 4:12 AM, Günther J. <gjn at gjn.priv.at> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> CentOS 7.2
>
> I have a big Problem with libvirt or KVM, my Virtual Hosts lost sometime a NIC
> on start.

What does "lose a NIC" mean? Does it mean that device doesn't show up
at all, and is not apparent with "/sbin/ifconfig -a" ? Or does it mean
that the device is not properly configured with IP address and
connected to the local network?

I've certainly noticed with various virtualization systems and CentOS
6 that sometimes DHCP doesn't get configured in the very short time
between the VM booting and the prompt being available. It always
recovers with a "/sbin/service network restart".