[CentOS-virt] Downgrading from Xen 4.6 to 4.5

Mon Aug 8 11:11:33 UTC 2016
George Dunlap <dunlapg at umich.edu>

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Francis Greaves <francis at choughs.net> wrote:

>> > working in 4.6 for some people, but is working in 4.5
>> > How can I downgrade to Xen 4.5 so I can test this out?
>> > Many thanks
>>
>> We do not provide a CentOS-7 version of Xen lower than 4.6.  At the
>> time
>> we started Xen support on CentOS-7, 4.6 was already stable and that
>> was
>> our first release for CentOS-7.
>>
>> We do currently have both Xen-4.4 and Xen-4.6 for CentOS-6.
>>
>> The Virt SIG produces 'even' versions of Xen (so 4.4, 4.6, 4.8) as
>> well
>> as a newer libvirt and kernel.
>
> Thanks, Johnny for the info
> Is it possible to go up to 4.7 or 4.8, if so, how do I do this? I have read that USB Passthrough is probably OK in 4.7

The Virt SIG is only going to have officially-supported releases every
other Xen release.  If you want to build your own unsupported package
based on the CentOS patchqueue I could send you a link to it.
Otherwise you'll have to wait until 4.8 comes out (probably around
December / January).

 -George