[CentOS-virt] Nested KVM issue

Sun Aug 14 14:17:55 UTC 2016
Laurentiu Soica <laurentiu at soica.ro>

More details on the subject:

I suppose it is a nested KVM issue because it raised after I enabled the
nested KVM feature. Without it, anyway, the second level VMs are unusable
in terms of performance.

I am using CentOS 7 with:

kernel: 3.10.0-327.22.2.el7.x86_64
qemu-kvm:1.5.3-105.el7_2.4
libvirt:1.2.17-13.el7_2.5

on both the baremetal and the compute VM.

The only workaround now is to shutdown the compute VM and start it back
from baremetal with virsh start.
A simple restart of the compute node doesn't help. It looks like the
qemu-kvm process corresponding to the compute VM is the problem.

Laurentiu

În dum., 14 aug. 2016 la 00:19, Laurentiu Soica <laurentiu at soica.ro> a
scris: