[CentOS-virt] Upstream libvirt releases for Virt-SIG

Fri Dec 2 09:28:17 UTC 2016
Jiri Denemark <jdenemar at redhat.com>

Hi all,

I talked to our oVirt developers who use CentOS for upstream
development. And that's what makes their lives hard because it takes a
long time before they can start using new features of libvirt. The
latest released CentOS version is 7.2 with libvirt 1.2.17, which is
pretty old. But even when CentOS 7.3 with libvirt 2.0.0 gets released,
it will already be old since libvirt 2.5.0 is just about to be released
upstream.

So to help them, I'd like to start building upstream releases of libvirt
for Virt-SIG. As one of the core libvirt developers and a maintainer of
libvirt in RHEL I think I should be qualified enough to do so :-) The
goal is to take every upstream release of libvirt soon after it's been
released and rebase the current CentOS package on top of it.

If it sounds good to you, what should I do to get started?

Jirka