[CentOS-virt] Re: installing xen on c7

Yamaban foerster at lisas.de
Sat Feb 27 12:52:35 UTC 2016

On Sat, 27 Feb 2016 13:20, Scot P. Floess wrote:

> Hit the send key before actually typing anything :(
>
> Was going to say - ah OK didn't understand your original question.  I'm not
> entirely sure - I just followed directions :)  However, you ask a reasonable
> question.
>
> On Sat, 27 Feb 2016, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
>>  On 27/02/16 01:41, Scot P. Floess wrote:
>> >
>> >  From George's original email, I had to:
>> >
>> >    * Install centos-release-xen from centos-extras
>> >
>> >  Then a yum update followed by a yum install xen.
>> >
>> >  That worked for me...
>> >

>>  i had to do something similar, but my question is - one cant run xen
>>  without the kernel, so why not have the xen package require the xen
>>  kernel as a prereq ?

IMHO, the best way to solve this would a additional line in the spec-file:
"Provide: kernel-dom0" for those kernel that are provide this functionality.

Then the xen-packages could "Require: kernel-dom0"
no matter which way the kernel functionality came to be.

Maybe ask even across distros for such a implemention,
to get a more coherent experience for xen.

Have a nice weekend,
  - Yamaban.