[CentOS-virt] When will CentOS 7.1 become available as an AWS AMI?

Tue Feb 2 10:21:52 UTC 2016
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 01/28/2016 07:54 AM, Peter Weissbrod wrote:
> I am in need of some AWS instances of this version.
>

> There are “community” instances of 7.1 but I would strongly prefer an
> official release from CentOS team over trusting my base image to an
> unknown publisher.
>
> Is there any plan/projection of when CentOS will publish 7.1 to the AWS
> marketplace?

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/seller-profile?id=16cb8b03-256e-4dde-8f34-1b0f377efe89

CentOS 7 is the release.  There are point in time 'install collections',
like 7 (1406) (based on RHEL 7.0) .. 7 (1503) (based on RHEL 7.1), 7
(1511) (based on RHEL 7.2).

But these point releases, based on a point in time, are just a picture
of CentOS 7 at that exact point in time.  The only way we recommend
CentOS is all latest updates installed.  And no matter what version you
install, a yum update takes you to that version.  That is why we have
only one image listed.

A base 7.1 install would have several Critical security issues, and
updating to fix those issues brings you to 7.2.