[CentOS-virt] installing xen on c7

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Sun Feb 28 10:47:18 UTC 2016

On 28/02/16 00:04, Peter wrote:

> The issue there is you can't expect every third-part kernel vendor to
> add that provide.

Everyone who cared to should have done in the last 8 odd years the xen
stack has been available on CentOS - beyond that, we should build a good
local story and ensure other vendors have the opportunity to come along.

You seem to be arguing for a broken story for some third party corner case,

We have a local kernel, built for purpose, tested for purpose, and used
within the ecosystem by other efforts that require or provide a xen
interface, lets just stick with trying to make that better.

besides, there is nothing stopping users from later installing whatever
other keys they want. Pretty sure a majority of the userbase wont.

regards

--
Karanbir Singh