[CentOS-virt] KVM

Mon Feb 8 20:13:28 UTC 2016
Marcin Figura <mfigura at mintel.com>

Using *top *and looki at *'wa' *value can tell you I/O wait time for each
CPU
Dont forget to press "*1*" to expand list of CPUs

Tasks: 501 total,   4 running, 497 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
Cpu0  : 31.9%us, 52.7%sy,  0.0%ni, 15.1%id,  *0.0%wa*,  0.0%hi,  0.3%si,
 0.0%st
Cpu1  : 29.7%us,  7.6%sy,  0.0%ni, 62.1%id,  *0.0%wa,*  0.0%hi,  0.7%si,
 0.0%st

Also, there is handy tool called: *iotop *which can tell how much process
writes and read. We can see on our 6Gpbs SATAIII interface with SSD disks,
the interfaces is being maxed out with writes at ~500MBs

At the end 7.2k disks can be easily maxed out while running a few VMs so no
surprise here.

Lastly, setup some monitoring for example munin, its quite handy :

http://demo.munin-monitoring.org/disk-day.html