[CentOS-virt] Xen guests loose network

Tue Feb 16 20:28:12 UTC 2016
Scot P. Floess <sfloess at nc.rr.com>

All,

Just installed and got Xen working on CentOS 7 on my Dell Precision 470.
I had been using Fedora 23 (with Xen) and saw what I'm now seeing with
CentOS 7.  For some odd reason the network just stops on the guests.  I
can "xl console vm" and start the network (ifup eth0 or service network
restart) - but I can't figure out why it just stops.

I'm not seeing anything odd in my /var/log/messages.  Anything I can try
or look at when this happens?  Its happened to both a CentOS 7 guest and
Fedora 23 guest...

I did do an "ip addr" and sure enough there is no IP associated with eth0
until I bounce the network.

I should probably do some more digging, but nothing obvious appears to be
at issue.

This is a home machine really, and its more annoying than pressing.

Appreciate the help ahead of time!

Scot P. Floess             RHCT  (Certificate Number 605010084735240)
Chief Architect FlossWare  http://sourceforge.net/projects/flossware
                            http://flossware.sourceforge.net
                            https://github.com/organizations/FlossWare