[CentOS-virt] CentOS 6 Virt SIG Xen 4.6 packages available in centos-virt-xen-testing

Wed Feb 10 18:49:15 UTC 2016
Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org>

On 11/02/16 06:07, George Dunlap wrote:
> BTW, we had a discussion about this particular idea at the Virt SIG
> meeting, and KB said that different naming of packages like this can
> cause dependency problems.  For example, a package depends on
> "xen-version >= $N" will fail because as far as rpm is concerned, you
> don't have package 'xen' installed at all.

You explicitly provide it:

Provides: xen-%{version}-%{release}

This has the added benefit that once "xen" is removed from the repo,
attempts to install "xen" will actually install "xen46".

I'm rather surprised that kb didn't know to do that.

Peter