[CentOS-virt] CentOS 6 Xen: XSAs 167-169, update to Xen 4.6

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Thu Jan 14 09:38:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 05:21:31PM +0000, George Dunlap wrote:
> XSA 169 is out, but is low-priority and has a work-around, so I'm
> going to batch it together with XSAs 167-168 and release a new 4.4.3
> package when the embargo is lifted next Wednesday.
>
> This will be the last XSA update for the 4.4.3 packages.  Today or
> tomorrow I will push the Xen 4.6.0 packages to buildlogs for testing;
> and sometime after the final 4.4.3 packages are released, I will push
> the Xen 4.6 packages as the main Xen packages.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Later when announcing the Xen 4.6 based rpms, we need to remember to remind people
(once again) that Xen 4.6 doesn't have xm/xend anymore, so everyone needs to
migratio to xl now, if they didn't already.

> The Virt SIG is a community project, so anyone wishing to maintain the
> Xen 4.4. packages going forward is welcome to step up to do so.

Thanks a lot for all the work with Xen 4.4 rpms. They've worked well for me,
and have been very stable (*knocking wood*) :)

I'll start testing the Xen 4.6 bits soon.

>  -George

-- Pasi