[CentOS-virt] CentOS 6 Virt SIG Xen 4.6 packages available in centos-virt-xen-testing

George Dunlap dunlapg at umich.edu
Thu Jan 21 14:02:26 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 1:28 PM, Phill Bandelow <phill at onapp.com> wrote:
> Well when the last upgrade 4.2 > 4.4 went live and XM was disabled by
> default it took many hosts down without warning. 4.4 > 4.6  may cause the
> same issues. It's a dangerous upgrade for sure. Why can't 4.4 be LTS for C6?
> as it's the last build with XM. Any XSA patches should not be hard to
> backport. and maybe the optional xen4.6 for C6.

It's not a huge amount, but it is definitely time that I (and my
employer) would prefer to spend on other things.

As I've said elsewhere, this is a community project -- so if someone
wants to step up and maintain Xen 4.4 for CentOS 6, they are welcome.
I do agree that it shouldn't be a huge amount of work for someone to
pick this up, now that I've got the basic setup.  (And I'll definitely
still be around to help.)

If someone wanted to step up and maintain the 4.4 xen packages, I'd be
happy to hand that off, and just have xen46 for C6 and xen (v 4.6) for
C7.

 -George