[CentOS-virt] CentOS 6 Virt SIG Xen 4.6 packages available in centos-virt-xen-testing

George Dunlap dunlapg at umich.edu
Thu Jan 21 16:38:58 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 1:28 PM, Phill Bandelow <phill at onapp.com> wrote:
> Well when the last upgrade 4.2 > 4.4 went live and XM was disabled by
> default it took many hosts down without warning. 4.4 > 4.6  may cause the
> same issues. It's a dangerous upgrade for sure. Why can't 4.4 be LTS for C6?
> as it's the last build with XM. Any XSA patches should not be hard to
> backport. and maybe the optional xen4.6 for C6.

The Xen Project does large of testing of Xen before updates and
releases; and I do a basic amount of smoke-testing before sending an
update.  But I don't really have the resources or the ability to do
the kind of extensive testing which would allow me to recommend
automatically pulling updates without testing them first, nor do I
envision any SIG ever having that amount of resource.  If that's the
kind of support you want, you might want to consider paying for either
XenServer or SLES. :-)

 -George