[CentOS-virt] Mouse and display issues with Windows 10 guest

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Wed Jan 27 20:14:27 UTC 2016

On 01/27/2016 09:23 AM, Jean-Marc LIGER wrote:

> Le 27/01/2016 15:24, Robert Nichols a écrit :

>>> What's the host OS?
>>>
>>> I enjoy Windows 8.1 (virtio/qxl) on CentOS 7.2 laptop (the one I'm
>>> writing now on).
>>
>> CentOS 6.7. Sorry I forgot to mention that.
>>
>> As I said, Windows 7 runs just fine in a couple of VMs.
>>
>> One thing I haven't tried is removing the virtio drivers that got
>> carried over in the Windows 7 -> 10 upgrade. I haven't found any
>> virtio drivers labeled for use with Windows 10. (How the heck you
>> uninstall a driver that's no longer associated with any device is
>> going to take a bit of searching.)
>>

> You can use the virtio drivers for Windows 8.1

Perhaps I'll give that a try, but eliminating the virtio drivers by
switching back to IDE disks, uninstalling the balloon driver, etc.,
didn't improve things at all.

I had some problems initially with Windows Update, but that's
resolved now, and everything else seems to work. But, with a
1024x768 screen and no mouse, there's not much you can do with it
besides saying, "See, it runs!"

                 Do NOT delete it.