[CentOS-virt] LVM mirror database to ramdisk

Ed Heron

Ed at Heron-ent.com
Fri Jan 22 23:55:44 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-01-22 at 17:39 -0600, NightLightHosts Admin wrote:
> Ed Heron <Ed at heron-ent.com> wrote:
> >   Absolutely, I'll share my real world results.  I'm happy that I'm not
> > the only person interested in the technique.  I'm a little disappointed
> > somebody isn't telling me there is a much simpler method of putting my
> > database in RAM.  The technique is only useful in a situation where the
> > server has gobs of RAM so it might only apply to a small subset of users
> > but it might speed up database access.  And since it is being done by
> > the virtual host, the guest doesn't need to know anything about it.
> > This keeps guest complexity down.  Also, I don't have as much Windows
> > knowledge as I have Linux knowledge so it was easier for me to implement
> > under Linux.
>

> See,
>
> This is where I get confused again, which type of database is it?

  It is a Customer Relationship Management database running under
InterBase on Microsoft Windows Server.  However, because the database
server is a virtual machine, it doesn't matter.  The technique could be
useful for speeding up any disk-centric activity.