[CentOS-virt] CentOS 6 Virt SIG Xen 4.6 packages available in centos-virt-xen-testing

Thu Jan 21 13:46:58 UTC 2016
Alvin Starr <alvin at netvel.net>

Its my impression that as a general rule from RH once some software has
been released into a major release any further release of that software
does not change major version or fundamental features..

For C6 I would argue Xen 4.2 should stay packaged as xen and Xen 4.4 be
packaged as xen44 ...
I do not believe that Xen has been released for C7 yet so what ever
package version is released should be xen and others should be xen4x.

It provides consistency for those who expect it and upgrading for those
who need it.

Looking at a C7 with epel added.
I can see python, python2 and python3.

On the other hand If your picking xen up from
http://someplace.org/riskey-development/xen.repo then your getting what
you ask for.