[CentOS-virt] [CentOS-devel] docker and docker-latest packages on CentOS Virt SIG

Fri Jun 10 20:11:23 UTC 2016
Lokesh Mandvekar <lsm5 at fedoraproject.org>

Moving this discussion to centos-virt@ as it's upto the SIG to decide on
how this moves ahead.

I'm hoping to have 2 new koji tag sets:

virt7-docker-fedora-* (will have fedora rpms rebuilt)
virt7-docker-el-* (will have rhel candidate builds before they are released
or land in centos extras)

The -el-* repos will help to have Virt SIG as sort of an upstream and early QA
for both RHEL and CentOS extras.

If the SIG is ok with it, I'll check with CBS guys to create these 2 tags.

See below message to centos-devel@ and
http://centos-devel.1051824.n5.nabble.com/CentOS-devel-docker-and-docker-latest-packages-on-CentOS-Virt-SIG-td5712734.html
for background

----- Forwarded message from Lokesh Mandvekar <lsm5 at fedoraproject.org> -----

> I could potentially build both upcoming RHEL and Fedora rpms for Virt.
>
> We could have koji tag separation like:
>
> virt7-docker-rhel-*
> virt7-docker-fedora-*
>
> and maybe then deprecate the virt7-docker-common-* in favor of the two
> above?? That could ensure clear separation between the 2 versions.
>
> Enabling both rhel and fedora repos and then upgrading docker from the fedora
> repo with a docker-latest pre-installed can and will give you nightmares, but as
> a close friend always says, "We'll cross that bridge..."
>
> wdyt?

Thanks,

--
Lokesh