[CentOS-virt] PCI Passthrough not working

Thu May 12 11:11:08 UTC 2016
Francis Greaves <francis at choughs.net>

I am running Xen 4.6 on CentOS 7 in a Dell Poweredge T430
I need PCI Passthrough to get USB working. I am following the Xenproject Wiki
I have enabled the Virtulasation in the BIOS.
I have xen_pciback as a module
I have issued the command:
xl pci-assignable-add 00:1a0.0 and it shows up fine when I issue this xl pci-assignable-list

I have pci=['00:1a.0'] on the DomU config file
I have added this iommu=soft and swiotlb=force both together and separately to the kernel command line
in the DomU (running Debian 8), but I get the same error each time.

libxl: error: libxl_pci.c:999:do_pci_add: xc_assign_device failed: Operation not permitted
libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1424:domcreate_attach_pci: libxl_device_pci_add failed: -3

Can anyone suggest a cure for this?

Many thanks
Francis