[CentOS-virt] [x-post] Upstream possible patches to libvirt to enable building upstream libvirt packages with libxl

Jean-Marc Liger

jean-marc.liger at parisdescartes.fr
Mon May 16 13:38:02 UTC 2016

Le 15/05/2016 à 20:42, Le Nucksi a écrit :

> On 05/14/2016 07:16 AM, Le Nucksi wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> is there a way to get more recent libvirt builds for CentOS 7 that include
>> support for the xl (modern Xen) toolstack?
>>
>> I tried to build libvirt from the SRPM, which succeeded, however, without
>> the mentioned Xen parts.
>> I have also found two repos from people who provide upstream libvirt builds
>> for CentOS 7, again, without the Xen parts.
>> - https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jmliger/virt7-upstream/ and
>> - https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:aevseev/libvirt
>>
>> Within the CentOS virtualization SIG builds for Xen there is a 1.3.x build
>> of libvirt that includes support for the modern Xen toolstack.
>> Would it be possible to inline this into the upstream to enable building it
>> with Xen features on CentOS 7 such that the aforementioned people's RPMs
>> would contain it?
>>
>> I appreciate any enlightment on the topic.
> I think you should either contact the owners of those libvirt repos, or
> contact the centos virt sig. I don't know if anyone on these lists is directly
> involved with those repos
>
> - Cole

Hy,

I am maintening the firt mentionned repo. I personnaly don't use xen but
I planned to include xen support for the next libvirt release and I had
already rebuilt the last xen packages from Virt SIG for this purpose. I
have just rebuilt the current libvirt with xen and libxsl enabled.

Best regards,
Jean-Marc Liger