[CentOS-virt] [x-post] Upstream possible patches to libvirt to enable building upstream libvirt packages with libxl

Sun May 15 18:42:59 UTC 2016
Le Nucksi <lenucksi at lenucksi.eu>

On 05/14/2016 07:16 AM, Le Nucksi wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> is there a way to get more recent libvirt builds for CentOS 7 that include
> support for the xl (modern Xen) toolstack?
>
> I tried to build libvirt from the SRPM, which succeeded, however, without
> the mentioned Xen parts.
> I have also found two repos from people who provide upstream libvirt builds
> for CentOS 7, again, without the Xen parts.
> - https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jmliger/virt7-upstream/ and
> - https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:aevseev/libvirt
>
> Within the CentOS virtualization SIG builds for Xen there is a 1.3.x build
> of libvirt that includes support for the modern Xen toolstack.
> Would it be possible to inline this into the upstream to enable building it
> with Xen features on CentOS 7 such that the aforementioned people's RPMs
> would contain it?
>
> I appreciate any enlightment on the topic.

I think you should either contact the owners of those libvirt repos, or
contact the centos virt sig. I don't know if anyone on these lists is directly
involved with those repos

- Cole

Hello list,

I emailed the libvirt-users list to see if there would be a way to get more
recent libvirt builds into my CentOS 7 + VIRT SIG/Xen packages.

Here's what Cole Robinson from RedHat replied on that matter. Also the
initial email.

I'd appreciate your feedback on this. The more recent libvirt builds appear
to include quite some improvements especially for the libxl parts.

Best regards,
Le