[CentOS-virt] Xen4CentOS 6 64bit - domUs don't shutdown on dom0 after "yum upgrade" to 4.6.1

Wed May 25 08:33:33 UTC 2016
George Dunlap <dunlapg at umich.edu>

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 10:20 PM, exvito here <ex.vitorino at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 3:23 PM, George Dunlap <dunlapg at umich.edu> wrote:
>>
>> The patches have been backported and are available in 4.6.1-9 from
>> virt-xen-testing.  Please test it and report any problems here.
>>

> Thanks for the notice. It doesn't look like the fix went in. See below:
>
> # yum repolist | grep xen
> centos-virt-xen-testing  CentOS-6 - xen - testing                            102
> # rpm -qf /etc/xen/scripts/hotplugpath.sh
> xen-runtime-4.6.1-9.el6.x86_64
> # rpm -V xen-runtime
>
> Confirmed installation of 4.6.1-9 from virt-xen-testing. Confirmed
> files "as packaged".
>
> # grep LOCK /etc/xen/scripts/hotplugpath.sh
> XEN_LOCK_DIR="/var/lock"
>
> The XEN_LOCK_DIR still points to the wrong directory.
> Am I missing something?

Yes, you are missing someting. :-)  XEN_LOCK_DIR is used for a number
of different things; but *only* "I am alive" init script files should
live in /var/lock/subsys.  (Presumably that's why it's a separate
directory to begin with.)  So the "proper" fix is to have the
xendomains script check for the existence of $XEN_LOCK_DIR/subsys and
use it if available.  See my original patch submission for more
details [1].

So, I've tested the packages and they work for me, let me know if you
have any problems. :-)

 -George

[1] http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/devel/431063