[CentOS-virt] Xen 4.6 initscripts locking problem

Mon May 16 13:09:02 UTC 2016
George Dunlap <dunlapg at umich.edu>

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Piotr Gackiewicz

> Hello,
>
> According to Xen4Centos wiki, Xen bugs should be reported by
> bugs.centos.org, Centos-6 => Xen4 project.
>
> I have reported a bug with initscripts locking in xen-runtime-4.6-6
> https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=10807
>
> Meanwhile, new xen-runtime-4.6-7 has been issued (in testing repo), and this
> bug is still present.
>
> Does anybody handle these bugs in bugs.centos.org, or should I report it
> elsewhere?  :-)

My patches for this issue were just accepted upstream last week, I
just haven't had a chance to push them into the Virt SIG repos yet.

FWIW the goal of the XSA-related updates is to minimize the amount of
changes, so that people can have confidence that there's a minimal
risk of breaking on upgrade.  That's why random other fixes aren't
generally included in those updates.

 -George