[CentOS-virt] Running i386 guests under CentOS7 amd64 kvm host

Tue Nov 29 14:34:59 UTC 2016
-=X.L.O.R.D=- <xlord.sl at gmail.com>

Dear Martinez,
You should be able to search the ubuntu  guest under virtManager from CentOS
desktop environment (Gnome for example).
For New VM machine creation with Ubuntu guest, you just select OS type
"Linux", Version " ubuntu12 " subject to available. Hope that helps!

Source:
http://www.itzgeek.com/how-tos/linux/centos-how-tos/install-kvm-qemu-on-cent
os-7-rhel-7.html
Source:
https://raymii.org/s/articles/virt-install_introduction_and_copy_paste_distr
o_install_commands.html

Xlord
-----Original Message-----
From: CentOS-virt [mailto:centos-virt-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of C. L.
Martinez
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2016 4:12 PM
To: centos-virt at centos.org
Subject: [CentOS-virt] Running i386 guests under CentOS7 amd64 kvm host

Hi all,

 Maybe it is a stupid question, but I a totally lost. When I try to
configure an ubuntu i386 guest under CentOS7 amd64 kvm host (fully patched)
using virt-manager, I can't select what architecture I want to use. If I try
to change guest.xml using "virsh edit", I can do it, but guest doesn't
starts ...

 Is it not possible to run i386 guests under CentOS7 amd64 kvm hosts??

Thanks.

--
Greetings,
C. L. Martinez