[CentOS-virt] Xen4CentOS kernel-debuginfo

Sun Oct 23 12:47:23 UTC 2016
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 10/20/2016 09:47 PM, Sarah Newman wrote:
> I think this may have been asked before, but what would it take to get debuginfo packages built for the Xen4CentOS kernels? If it's just a patch for
> kernel.spec file that nobody has gotten around to, what is the best starting place for making that patch?

We used a completely different SPEC file for the this kernel than the
standard CentOS kernels.  This is because we wanted to be able to build
the kernel using the vanilla kernels from kernel.org and do a much more
base kernel than one gets from those in RHEL.

There are positives and negatives to that decision, but we got the
original SPEC from the elrepo guys, and modified it from there to get
what we needed.

As Akemi suggested, the way to begin trying to do this would be to run
through the RHEL 7 kernel spec file and find anything pertaining to
with_debuginfo:

https://git.centos.org/blob/rpms!kernel/db34748777d20e8ac2bb2284d4847fc8f8c28cce/SPECS!kernel.spec

Those things would need to be rolled into the xen kernel.

As you can see, none of that is in the xen-kernel spec file:
https://github.com/hughesjr/xen-kernel/blob/master/SPECS/kernel.spec

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes