[CentOS-virt] Fwd: Centos 6 AMI does not support c4-8xlarge

John Peacock john.peacock at messagesystems.com
Wed Sep 7 14:38:31 UTC 2016

One of the things suboptimal with Marketplace images is that the author can
limit which instance types are allowed with the AMI and there is no way to
override that.  We are using Centos 6.8 for our deployments, but we need to
move to the c4.8xlarge type, but that is not a permitted option for the
"CentOS 6 (x86_64) - with Updates HVM" AMI.  Is there any way we could get
that image refreshed to support the largest image type?  We really need the
10G networking for our application.

Thanks in advance

John

--
JOHN PEACOCK
senior software build and release engineer

tel 877-887-3031
mobile 240-429-9334
email john.peacock at sparkpost.com