[CentOS-virt] Fwd: Centos 6 AMI does not support c4-8xlarge

Wed Sep 7 23:49:10 UTC 2016

Hi John

On 07/09/16 15:50, John Peacock wrote:
> I have done that, but the point of the request is that we would like to
> have an official upstream AMI that we can use as the basis for our
> work.  I'm guessing that the reason for the blacked out instance type is
> that early 6.x kernels didn't have the patches necessary to support 36
> vCPU's present in the c4.8xlarge instance.

I've asked the AWS MP folks to enable as many instance types in as many
regions as possible. I am also pushing a new imageset across all regions
this coming Monday, which would include all updates upto 31st Aug 2016
applied in already.

Would be awesome if you can test those once and let me know if they
resolve this issue for you,