[CentOS-virt] qemu-kvm-ev ppc64le release builds

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Thu Apr 20 14:06:57 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 1:03 AM, Lance Albertson <lance at osuosl.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're using qemu-kvm-ev on ppc64le and I've noticed that it's included in
> the extras repo for ppc64le but in the qemu-kvm-ev repo for x86_64. I also
> noticed the version in ppc64le is lagging behind x86. I see that ppc64le is
> being built for this, however isn't tagged for virt7-kvm-common-release and
> thus showing up under /virt/kvm-common on the mirrors.
>
> Is there any particular reason why this is happening? If possible, I can
> certainly provide some testing to get this moving along.

There are still issues in the publishing chain for alternative arches from
SIGs.
https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=11457 is tracking it.
Karanbir, any chance we can move on on this topic?

> Thank you!
>
> [1] http://cbs.centos.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=539
>
> --
> Lance Albertson
> Director
> Oregon State University | Open Source Lab

SANDRO BONAZZOLA

ASSOCIATE MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA ENG VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>